Sunday, November 13, 2011

I'm sure EVERYBODY wants to read about my life...

So I decided to start a blog. About what, you ask? I'm not sure. A little bit of everything. I am a new mom (my little gal was born in August. She's fantastic.) and I want to keep doing what I love in addition to trying to fake it as a parent. Running is one of my passions and I am hoping to keep it a part of my life as I go back to work after 12 glorious weeks off with my babe. I also hope to keep in balance some parenting, running, yoga, working, reading, playing with my baby, cooking good vegetarian food, knitting, pancake eating (the first of what is likely many "Modern Family" references. I love that show), and trying new things. I know it's going to be difficult. But I also know it's not impossible.

I want the blog to be an online account of what I plan to do in terms of running & racing. If it's in writing, I can be held accountable for all the things I want to do. I plan to post what kind of training I'm doing, what I'm training for, etc. that way if I don't do a run I have to broadcast it to the world (or again, likely just me because I might be my only blog follower). I'll also probably post about random things such as any interesting recipes I've tried, places I've gone, books I've read, knitting projects or any other crafty things I might try (I have a dream of crafty but mostly I just make crap. Sometimes it's crafty, but mostly it's crap).

I also want this to be a journal for my daughter to look at some day. I want her to know that in order to be a mother and be fully devoted to your children, keeping a sense of self is important, too. I don't want her to think that in order to have children she has to give up what she loves and makes her happy. She's already taught me more about myself, my husband, life, boobs and poop than I ever thought I'd know and I am forever grateful. I can't even imagine what the rest of my parenting years have in store.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment