Sunday, January 6, 2013

Resolving to...

So I had a rough November & December. By rough, I mean that I have been in a huge running rut. An everything rut, really. I've had a hard time juggling long-ass work days, not much daylight, and little no motivation. Even my beloved Runner's World Magazine has the most cliche-est of cliches on the cover which I fall for every year: New Year, New You! So I need to work on some running resolutions. I love resolutions. I always forget about them though. Not that I don't want to do them or fall of track. I forget. Kind of like I kept forgetting about my 100 Push-Up challenge. Maybe I'll make 2013 my 100 Push-Up year. I'd like to set my running resolution as a mileage goal. I got my new running log which makes me seriously giddy. So here goes:

My 2013 running resolution is to run 1000 miles.

This is lofty. Pre-baby Kristin would have no difficulty reaching 1000 miles in a year. It's roughly 20 miles a week. For me right now, 20 miles is a really, really good week. I've been struggling with injury & finding time to run, but this is it. I'm shooting for it. What happens if we don't reach a resolution? Nothing. Seriously nothing. But now it's on the interweb...with all of my devoted followers (my family...and only when I tell them to read my blog!). I've committed to it. First week of 2013=14 miles. Base miles, right? Here we go! I'm excited.

I have a million other resolutions, one of which I partially accomplished today: organization! I love to resolve. I make up mini-resolutions all the time. I think it's healthy but I have no data to back this up. My wheels are always spinning to come up with new little (or huge) goals to set for myself.

Run on.

No comments:

Post a Comment