Wednesday, October 10, 2012

100 Pushups??

With my "marathon" behind me (if you are wondering about the "" marks, please read my previous post), I decided to take on a new fitness challenge, of sorts. I've been spinning my wheels at the Y on the elliptical and bike, and doing some deep water running at work over my lunch break and have LOTS of time to think about what to do to keep in some sort of shape until I can run again. Seriously...lots of time. Anyway, here's what I've come up with: I'm going to try to do 100 consecutive push-ups. Crazy, right? Here goes!

I read about this a long, long time ago on some other blog but I can't remember where. There is this website that is 6-week training program to get you ready to do 100 consecutive push-ups.

I'm a push-up pansy. I get tired really easily. I like to do other forms of weight training because it's a bit easier to cheat. There's no kidding with a push-up. So I did my initial test, today is my first day of the program.

I did the initial test on Monday. I'm doing knee push-ups (Not girl push-ups. I hate that.) I can do plenty of regular push-ups, but as I laid out in my previous post, I have all of these core imbalances that I continue to work on, and I know if I did lots of regular push-ups I would compensate with all of the muscles I am supposed to be turning off and I would forget about all of those I am supposed to be turning on.

Initial test: 10/8/12--32 push ups. (My husband was counting for me though he declined to participate in the challenge with me. I know that when I am able to do a hundred of them, he'll be jealous and likely try it for himself)

Per the program recommendations, I'm starting at week 3 and I'm scared that's way too many but I'm off to give it a go. Game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment